Sometimes I think I am too nice for my own good. People treat me disrespectfully and I feel bad about making them feel bad. Yet, I need to stick up for myself, set my expectations and let them know how I feel. Catch 22 I guess. Anyway, I think you have to talk to people about things, hope they want to work things out with you and go on from there. I try to do that respectfully, and fight fairly. Yet I tend to forgive so very easily and sometimes try too hard. I do this in my work life and my personal life...with friends, lovers and coworkers. The good thing is I am proud of who I am. I also have the pride of knowing that I take time to explain and let those respond. I think I am fair, make fair assessments of situations and I think I have my act together in most aspects. People let me down but I still believe in people.
I do think past plays into our feelings,reactions and those who care..take time to consider that. Wishing that more of the people I see in relationships look at what's most important and treasure it. We are all different, but thinking of others before yourself is hard to find these days. An old friend recently gave me a complement, saying I am one of the most "put together" people they know. Another trait of mine...I keep most things to myself , put a smile on my face and keep on keeping on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment